Join us in our Scientix pilot educational project. Click over the logo to access. Translated to 7 languages:
NeoTrie VR is playing an innovative and attractive role in science fairs and divulgative exhibitions.
- DITMAE 2018: Figueras, February 3, 2018.
- Feria Aula Empresa, La Salle, Almería, February 21st, 2018.
- AGANEM, Asociación Nacional de Estudiantes de Matemáticas, Universidad de Almería, February 25th, 2018.
- PiDay, IES Nicolás Salmerón, Almería, March 14th, 2018.
- MADINA, Congrès Mathématiques et Diffusions à Nantes, April 9-13th, 2018.
- Feria de las Ideas UAL, April 25th, 2018.
- DI-MA, Tecnologías en la Divulgación Matemática, Zaragoza, Spain, May 10-11th, 2018.
- Feria de la Ciencia, Museo de Almería, May 12th, 2018.
- IES Jiménez de la Espada, Cartagena, May 18th, 2018.
- Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, May 18th, 2018.
- Salon Culture et Jeux Mathématiques, Paris, May 24th, 2018.
- CAGDME, Coimbra, June 26-29th, 2018.
- Jornadas Interdisciplinares mchagt-2018, June 28th, 2018.
- XVII CEAM Thales, Congreso de Enseñanza y Aprendizaje de las Matemáticas, Almería, July 4-6th, 2018.
- BRIDGES Mathematics, Art, Music, Architecture, Education, Culture, Stockholm, Sweden, July 25-29th, 2018.
If you are interested in NeoTrie VR, please fill this form to contact us:
A new VR scenario to create, manipulate and play with 3D geometrical objects, as never before.
Oculus Rift + Leap Motion, November 2016
HTC Vive, version February 2017
HTC Vive, version December 2017
Available in Spring 2018!
José L. Rodríguez
(Dept. Mathematics, University of Almería).
Main software developer:
Diego Cangas Moldes
(Student of Informatics Engineering, UAL).
David Crespo Casteleiro
(IES Ciudad de Dalías, Almería)
Antonio Zarauz Moreno
(Master student of Mathematics, UAL)
(Zespół Szkolno-Przedszkolny w Żernicy, Poland)
NeoTrie VR (acronym of "Neo" + "Géométrie" + Virtual Reality) is a new software package which is currently being developed by Virtual Dor and the University of Almería, that enables pupils to create, manipulate, and interact with 3D geometrical objects and 3D models in general, of several types.
The objectives of this software project are the following:
- To examine aspects of plane geometry visible through the eyes of a third dimension.
- To introduce 3D geometry and modelling meant for 3D printing.
- To develop handicrafts and 3D visual skills.
- To stimulate deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- To highlight cooperative work and positive interdependence.
- To motivate pupils by means of recreational, collaborative and competitive games.
We plan to implement gaming activities and lesson plans for distinct ages and levels, covering the following subjects:
- 2D geometry: parallels and perpendiculars, measures of lengths and angles, etc.
- Projections of 3D figures using interactive light bulbs.
- Construction of polyhedra (Platonics, pyramids, prisms, antiprisms, Archimedean, Johnson, Kepler, etc.).
- Basic operations of polyhedra: duality, truncation, rectification, extension,....
- Curved bodies (sphere, cone, cylinder, torus, etc.) by movements in space.
- Parametrized curves and surfaces.
- Metric calculations on 3D figures: angles, lengths, areas, volumes, Euler characteristics, etc.
- Spatial symmetries of 3D figures.
- Homotheties, traslations, rotations, etc.
- Geometric 3D fractals, such as the Sierpinski tetrahedron or the Menger sponge.
- Generation of crystalline networks from fundamental cells.
- Euler 3D graphs (Seven Königsberg bridges problem).
- Hamiltonian graphs (Salesman’s problem).
- Coloring graphs (based on Four colours theorem).
- Others (suggestions are welcome, be part of our advising team).
- Galleries of hundreds of pre-designed geometric figures.
- Speech Recognition System to insert figures in the scenario.
- File system to load and save scenes created by users (beta version).
- Multiplayer tool that enables users to create, play and learn together in the same scene (alfa version).
HTC Vive, version December 2017
- Online features.
- Lesson recording system for educational purposes.
- Exporting-importing from other known programs of 3D geometry.
- 3D printing from STL files made by NeoTrie.
- Compatibility with other VR headsets: Windows Mixed Reality Platform, Google Cardboard, others (under demand).